Register

AlaBammmmmer v. Notre Dame home/home

This is the one to use if you want to talk about general college football topics.
The Postmaster General

Re: AlaBammmmmer v. Notre Dame home/home

Postby Dubby » May 1st, 2018, 2:01 pm

Domer wrote:
Iconoclast wrote:I hope you realize that I wasn't commenting on your mortality as much as I was commenting on the fact that this game isn't going to be played for a decade. You know my displeasure of teams scheduling so far out, I've been pretty vocal about it. To me, teams in 2018 should be finalizing their 2022 schedules, not scheduling 2028 games.

I think some of it is that the top teams are already booked up near term. To get a game with an Alabama, Ohio State, etc. you have to schedule them farther out.

Correct you have no choice but, do this. Penn St-Pitt talking to add additional games beyond the 4 they're currently playing and those will be ways out.
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Re: AlaBammmmmer v. Notre Dame home/home

Postby Iconoclast » May 3rd, 2018, 1:16 pm

Domer wrote:
Iconoclast wrote:I hope you realize that I wasn't commenting on your mortality as much as I was commenting on the fact that this game isn't going to be played for a decade. You know my displeasure of teams scheduling so far out, I've been pretty vocal about it. To me, teams in 2018 should be finalizing their 2022 schedules, not scheduling 2028 games.

I think some of it is that the top teams are already booked up near term. To get a game with an Alabama, Ohio State, etc. you have to schedule them farther out.

My comment isn't necessarily about ND or Alabama but for all teams who schedule this far out. I wish the NCAA would limit schedules to four or five years out.
Make GASF Great Again!

Previous

Return to Everything About College Football