Register

Michigan State is in deep sh#t!

This is the one to use if you want to talk about general college football topics.
The Curmudgeon

Re: Michigan State is in deep sh#t!

Postby Domer » January 31st, 2018, 9:27 am

Michigan Grad wrote:This is very bad for MSU and the state of Michigan.
With MSU being a land grant state school, I also believe the state may force many more resignations from members of the MSU faculty and athletic department who had even just a cursory knowledge of the Nassar and Title IX violations.
This could be even worse than the Sandusky scandal at Penn State because many more within MSU had been told about the accusations against Nassar and the Title IX violations by football and basketball teams, yet did nothing.
2 of my nieces, 2 of nephews, and half of my extended family are MSU graduates and they are ashamed of their university.
IMO, this is only the tip of the iceberg.

I feel bad for MSU alumni and friends. This is much more pervasive than the Sandusky situation at Penn State. A lot of people knew what was going on at MSU and did nothing.
God, Country, Notre Dame

The X-Man Cometh

Postby Xenon » February 11th, 2018, 9:56 am

Ok, I don't know all the details, so could someone help me here ...

I TOTALLY get firing the head of the department.... he totally deserves to be fired.
I also totally get firing the Gymanists Coach that told the girls to keep quiet.

However, I'm not sure I see why they PRESIDENT needed to resign? Especially since most of this happened before she became president of the university. Was she over the Medical school or the AD before she became president? Or did she say something stupid in relation to this? Or is this a "she should have had more control over this" kind of thing?

AND then, even worse, why are members of the board of regents getting forced out? They seem really really really far removed from all this. I don't see how in the world a member of the board of regents is supposed to somehow know about and stop the abuse by one guy 10 years ago.

Of course, then you have ...

I understand why the Title IX investigator who covered this up is fired. I understand why the AD that covered this up is fired. And if it all extends to similar problems in the football and basketball programs, I understand why they are under pressure...

SO, is the Board of regents in trouble because this seems to be soooooo widespread that the even the board of regents should have known?

I guess I'm a bit surprised that it stretches up as high as it does for something soooo long ago, before any of them were really involved, at least as far as I can see...

NOW, I do think this looks to be sooooo widespread, and the #METOO thing is sooo big right now, and the NCAA is now being sucked into this black hole as well ... maybe death penalty IS coming ....

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » February 11th, 2018, 10:21 am

Xenon wrote:Ok, I don't know all the details, so could someone help me here ...

I TOTALLY get firing the head of the department.... he totally deserves to be fired.
I also totally get firing the Gymanists Coach that told the girls to keep quiet.

However, I'm not sure I see why they PRESIDENT needed to resign? Especially since most of this happened before she became president of the university. Was she over the Medical school or the AD before she became president? Or did she say something stupid in relation to this? Or is this a "she should have had more control over this" kind of thing?

AND then, even worse, why are members of the board of regents getting forced out? They seem really really really far removed from all this. I don't see how in the world a member of the board of regents is supposed to somehow know about and stop the abuse by one guy 10 years ago.

Of course, then you have ...

I understand why the Title IX investigator who covered this up is fired. I understand why the AD that covered this up is fired. And if it all extends to similar problems in the football and basketball programs, I understand why they are under pressure...

SO, is the Board of regents in trouble because this seems to be soooooo widespread that the even the board of regents should have known?

I guess I'm a bit surprised that it stretches up as high as it does for something soooo long ago, before any of them were really involved, at least as far as I can see...

NOW, I do think this looks to be sooooo widespread, and the #METOO thing is sooo big right now, and the NCAA is now being sucked into this black hole as well ... maybe death penalty IS coming ....

I won't copy the whole article here, but one I think makes some good points is at https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... gan-state/.

It mentions women's empowerment, #MeToo, the ongoing Baylor scandal, and the Sandusky crimes as all bringing us to where we are now. It also mentions the North Carolina academic fraud which the NCAA has basically ignored.
God, Country, Notre Dame

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Postby Iconoclast » February 13th, 2018, 1:49 pm

Domer - Not sure that the NCAA is really ignoring UNC, but rather UNC showed that it has no integrity and spent $18M to fight the NCAA's investigation. They prevented the NCAA from getting to the real truth. Either that or the NCAA didn't want to know the truth. Bottom line is that UNC showed a complete lack of integrity by offering up sham classes just to keep athletes and other "poor downtrodden" students in better academic standing. If I had a UNC diploma on the wall, I'd take it down. As long as Roy gets to keep his national titles, all is well I guess.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2017/10/16/breaking-ncaa-finds-no-academic-fraud-unc
Make GASF Great Again!

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » February 13th, 2018, 4:04 pm

Iconoclast wrote:Domer - Not sure that the NCAA is really ignoring UNC, but rather UNC showed that it has no integrity and spent $18M to fight the NCAA's investigation. They prevented the NCAA from getting to the real truth. Either that or the NCAA didn't want to know the truth. Bottom line is that UNC showed a complete lack of integrity by offering up sham classes just to keep athletes and other "poor downtrodden" students in better academic standing. If I had a UNC diploma on the wall, I'd take it down. As long as Roy gets to keep his national titles, all is well I guess.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2017/10/16/breaking-ncaa-finds-no-academic-fraud-unc

They must used Stevie Wonder doing the investigation to find no fraud :roll:
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

Previous

Return to Everything About College Football