Register

Ok, not football but college

This is the one to use if you want to talk about general college football topics.
The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Re: Ok, not football but college

Postby Iconoclast » October 11th, 2017, 5:32 pm

It's getting fun now. Oklahoma State is now being subjected to a colonoscopy courtesy of the FBI. Miami, South Carolina, USC, Auburn, ... you are likely going to be going through the same thing in the near future.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/feds-turn-heat-recruiting-scandal-oklahoma-state-subpoena-183650183.html
Make GASF Great Again!

Ack! Ththbbthttbt!

Postby Willie the Wildcat » October 12th, 2017, 8:30 am

I've had the opportunity to observe a couple federal cases from a safe periphery. Federal attorneys do not get publically involved until there's a surety of conviction - either on egregious charges on the small fry and/or to get them to cooperate on VIP targets. Once the feds make arrests, its pretty much not a question of 'if", but one of "how much".

The luckiest man in the world

Postby Griff » October 13th, 2017, 11:09 am

This one's been ongoing for years, so not the same investigation, but thought I'd drop this here anyways.

In light of recent findings:

The NCAA has a new logo.

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Postby Iconoclast » October 13th, 2017, 12:58 pm

Griff wrote:This one's been ongoing for years, so not the same investigation, but thought I'd drop this here anyways.

In light of recent findings:

The NCAA has a new logo.

Don't get me going. I think the NCAA is just waiting for Roy Williams to retire before they do anything. And anything they find will absolve ole "gosh oh gee oh schucks" Roy from any impropriety. :wall:
Make GASF Great Again!

The X-Man Cometh

Postby Xenon » October 18th, 2017, 6:04 am

If was the Benevolent Dictator of the NCAA (all power, no oversight).... this is what (I think) I would do about the Basketball scandal.

1) Any school that SELF-REPORTS and SELF-PUNISHES immediately (in the next month) ....
a) A promise of no Death Penalty for that school
b) Immediate Self-Punishment counts DOUBLE towards eventual NCAA punishments (i.e if NCAA eventually decided for 2 years of probation, and you self-punished immediately with 1 year, that will count as having done the punishment)
c) promise to limit investigation to only Basketball at that school (from this scandal ... if other scandals break, that might lead to other investigations)

2) Any school the SELF-REPORTS and SELF-PUNISHES this school year (i.e. after March Madness)
a) a promise of no Death Penalty UNLESS more than one sport is involved.
b) Immediate Self-Punishment counts at face value
c) Investigation will be limited to only Basketball

3) Any school who does not SELF-REPORT and SELF-PUNISH this year
a) Death Penalty if this involves more than one sport
b) All NCAA punishments will be DOUBLED
c) all sports will be investigated

A major problem for the NCAA is that they are SOOOO SLOW that the people involved are usually long gone. This dramatically increases the timeline so that the players that took the money are the ones that miss March Madness.

Previous

Return to Everything About College Football