Register

How is everybody doing?

Anything and everything (within reason) for all posters. Be sure to check out the "Rules and Notices" forum before posting.
The Curmudgeon

Re: How is everybody doing?

Postby Domer » April 3rd, 2020, 2:53 pm

Aloha Nole wrote:I'm doing fine.

The wife and I are both declared "essential", so it is business as usual (for now).

Both of you be careful out there.
God, Country, Notre Dame

His Noliness

Postby Aloha Nole » April 3rd, 2020, 3:54 pm

Domer wrote:
Aloha Nole wrote:I'm doing fine.

The wife and I are both declared "essential", so it is business as usual (for now).

Both of you be careful out there.

I was officially "layed-off" today. But it really doesn't bother me all that much.
Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor," described Navy Seal Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael Murphy as "An iron-souled warrior of colossal and almost unbelievable courage in the face of the enemy."

Thong

Postby bigearl » April 6th, 2020, 9:15 am

I worked from home quite a bit before so hasn't been much of an adjustment for me on that front. My wife works in health services at a college, so she's been remote now as well now that the students were all sent home. Both my sons are back from college doing remote classes. So one big remote family at this point. My oldest is a Sr., so kind of stinks for him since he's missing out on the tail end of his senior year. He's also missing his final golf season.

It's gotten a little crazy around here mainly with people trying to stop people from NY from coming around. Alot of NYers own summer homes on the ocean around here, so they've been trying to stop people coming in from NY since that's pretty much the mecca for the virus.

The Artist FKA SECRules

Postby MikeTheTiger » April 8th, 2020, 9:18 pm

Hello, all. I've been very busy with the kids doing school from home since March 16 and my wife coming down with symptoms of COVID-19 not long after. It took her almost 3 weeks from the initial symptoms to feel almost back to normal, but she is finally there. Her doctor told her to go to the ER because she was experiencing shortness of breath, but they sent her home when her oxygen levels checked out fine. They told her to assume she had the virus and to self-quarantine. She was able to manage at home, but her breathing and headaches were quite debilitating. I had some minor symptoms that could have been the virus, but could easily have been a half a dozen other things as well. Thankfully, we are all doing well now and I have a job that's allowed me to work remotely since March 12. Hope everyone else is staying safe and taking this threat seriously. The virus is definitely much more widespread than the official counts would suggest.

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » April 11th, 2020, 2:22 pm

MikeTheTiger wrote:Hello, all. I've been very busy with the kids doing school from home since March 16 and my wife coming down with symptoms of COVID-19 not long after. It took her almost 3 weeks from the initial symptoms to feel almost back to normal, but she is finally there. Her doctor told her to go to the ER because she was experiencing shortness of breath, but they sent her home when her oxygen levels checked out fine. They told her to assume she had the virus and to self-quarantine. She was able to manage at home, but her breathing and headaches were quite debilitating. I had some minor symptoms that could have been the virus, but could easily have been a half a dozen other things as well. Thankfully, we are all doing well now and I have a job that's allowed me to work remotely since March 12. Hope everyone else is staying safe and taking this threat seriously. The virus is definitely much more widespread than the official counts would suggest.

I'm glad you're both doing well, now. I'm sorry you had to go through it, though.
God, Country, Notre Dame

The X-Man Cometh

Postby Xenon » April 12th, 2020, 1:26 pm

MikeTheTiger wrote:Hello, all. I've been very busy with the kids doing school from home since March 16 and my wife coming down with symptoms of COVID-19 not long after. It took her almost 3 weeks from the initial symptoms to feel almost back to normal, but she is finally there. Her doctor told her to go to the ER because she was experiencing shortness of breath, but they sent her home when her oxygen levels checked out fine. They told her to assume she had the virus and to self-quarantine. She was able to manage at home, but her breathing and headaches were quite debilitating. I had some minor symptoms that could have been the virus, but could easily have been a half a dozen other things as well. Thankfully, we are all doing well now and I have a job that's allowed me to work remotely since March 12. Hope everyone else is staying safe and taking this threat seriously. The virus is definitely much more widespread than the official counts would suggest.

Wow Mike

Glad to hear things are better we wish your wife all the best soglad to hear she is doing better!,

Previous

Return to Free For All