Register

Greatest US female athlete ever

Anything and everything (within reason) for all posters. Be sure to check out the "Rules and Notices" forum before posting.
The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Greatest US female athlete ever

Postby Iconoclast » September 6th, 2019, 12:37 pm

Even if she doesn't win the US Open and tie Margret Court's record, hasn't Serena done enough to be considered the greatest female US athlete ever? Other names I would consider are Mia Hamm, Jackie Joyner Kersee and Florence Griffith-Joyner, but Serena did not only dominate women's tennis for a number of years, she is still playing strong after 20 years.

There are a lot of great athletes who I never got to see play which makes it more satisfying that I got to see people like Michael Jordan and Lebron, Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith, Michael Phelps and Mark Spitz, Tiger Woods, Muhammad Ali, Eric Heiden, and Carl Lewis all perform. And I am leaving other all time greats out. Tony Hawk probably deserves mention if you feel skate boarding is a sport.

For most of us on here, we got to see most of the greatest women perform, as to the men there were many who we just get to see black and white films of.
Everything good that's ever happened to me came out of helping others. Danny Trejo

Captain Patriotic Analogy

Re: Greatest US female athlete ever

Postby Seattle Irish » September 8th, 2019, 10:24 pm

I'm surprised you didn't include Bruce. :rimshot:

The Unimpeachable Source

Re: Greatest US female athlete ever

Postby irishmark » September 12th, 2019, 6:29 pm

“Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty”.

Joseph Goebbells

Return to Free For All