Register

This was embarssing

Anything and everything (within reason) for all posters. Be sure to check out the "Rules and Notices" forum before posting.
The Straw That Stirs the Drink

This was embarssing

Postby Iconoclast » April 16th, 2019, 6:06 pm

I was walking my dog the other night and stopped at a neighbors house to talk to a woman there I know. Her son played on varsity soccer with my son, but her son is a junior and mine is a sophomore. Well he had a friend with him and the mom introduced me to him. I told the boy that my son is in HS with him and the boy asked me his name. I told him the name and he said "oh I know him, he tutors me in Spanish 2." It was awkward because my son is really smart and is tutoring a kid a year older. Currently my son is acing Spanish 3, in fact he's acing all his classes as he is #1 (along with 13 other students) out of a class of 450. It was really embarrassing for him earlier this year as there was a club soccer teammate of my sons who couldn't play varsity soccer because he flunked a math class, the same math class that my son took first semester as a freshman and that was a refresher for him and he never studied. I think the other kids see the smart kids as nerds, so many of his teammates don't always hang out with my son, even though I don't think he's too nerdly.
Make GASF Great Again!

The Curmudgeon

Re: This was embarssing

Postby Domer » April 17th, 2019, 1:57 pm

Iconoclast wrote:I was walking my dog the other night and stopped at a neighbors house to talk to a woman there I know. Her son played on varsity soccer with my son, but her son is a junior and mine is a sophomore. Well he had a friend with him and the mom introduced me to him. I told the boy that my son is in HS with him and the boy asked me his name. I told him the name and he said "oh I know him, he tutors me in Spanish 2." It was awkward because my son is really smart and is tutoring a kid a year older. Currently my son is acing Spanish 3, in fact he's acing all his classes as he is #1 (along with 13 other students) out of a class of 450. It was really embarrassing for him earlier this year as there was a club soccer teammate of my sons who couldn't play varsity soccer because he flunked a math class, the same math class that my son took first semester as a freshman and that was a refresher for him and he never studied. I think the other kids see the smart kids as nerds, so many of his teammates don't always hang out with my son, even though I don't think he's too nerdly.

He sounds like a wonderful young man. You are justly proud of him.
God, Country, Notre Dame

Postby Iconoclast » April 17th, 2019, 2:19 pm

Domer wrote:He sounds like a wonderful young man. You are justly proud of him.

Thanks Domer I am proud of him. But the story was more about how it was embarrassing. My son even said that when I mentioned meeting the kid and what he said. I don't know if you long timers remember but he had a bunch of surgeries and we had to deal with a lot of things with him when he was little. I think I posted a bunch about us having to travel to NY to see a doctor, the same doctor that moved to Cincinnati and who we went to see years back when I invited you to a baseball game.
Make GASF Great Again!

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » April 23rd, 2019, 12:44 pm

Iconoclast wrote:
Domer wrote:He sounds like a wonderful young man. You are justly proud of him.

Thanks Domer I am proud of him. But the story was more about how it was embarrassing. My son even said that when I mentioned meeting the kid and what he said. I don't know if you long timers remember but he had a bunch of surgeries and we had to deal with a lot of things with him when he was little. I think I posted a bunch about us having to travel to NY to see a doctor, the same doctor that moved to Cincinnati and who we went to see years back when I invited you to a baseball game.

Yes, I remember when you were spending time in Cincinnati. I'm glad all of that (the surgeries, etc.) is behind all of you.
God, Country, Notre Dame

Postby Iconoclast » April 23rd, 2019, 6:49 pm

Domer wrote:Yes, I remember when you were spending time in Cincinnati. I'm glad all of that (the surgeries, etc.) is behind all of you.

Sadly it isn't all behind us. He had another surgery a couple years ago, only in Columbus (the doctor in Cincinnati retired), he had another one to repair his ear drum last fall and just last week had a botox treatment for his nerve issues.
Make GASF Great Again!

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » April 27th, 2019, 2:23 pm

Iconoclast wrote:
Domer wrote:Yes, I remember when you were spending time in Cincinnati. I'm glad all of that (the surgeries, etc.) is behind all of you.

Sadly it isn't all behind us. He had another surgery a couple years ago, only in Columbus (the doctor in Cincinnati retired), he had another one to repair his ear drum last fall and just last week had a botox treatment for his nerve issues.

I'm sorry to learn that. I'm praying for all of you.
God, Country, Notre Dame

Return to Free For All