Register

Welcome to the new GASF Message Board

Anything and everything (within reason) for all posters. Be sure to check out the "Rules and Notices" forum before posting.
His Noliness

Re: Welcome to the new GASF Message Board

Postby *YNC* Aloha Nole » July 30th, 2013, 4:10 pm

You guys want to see the Spam, check out the list of posts waiting to be approve in the "Your First Forum" section. There must be 15 of them in there.
Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor," described Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael Murphy as "An iron-souled warrior of colossal and almost unbelievable courage in the face of the enemy."

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Postby Iconoclast » July 30th, 2013, 4:21 pm

There are a lot of interesting user names.
Make GASF Great Again!

Bringing Bock the Glory

Postby ND Tex » July 30th, 2013, 6:13 pm

2nd post, just trying to get past the mods! :?
ND Tex

Bringing Bock the Glory

Postby ND Tex » July 30th, 2013, 6:14 pm

Mod post 3. :roll:
ND Tex

The Artist FKA SECRules

Postby MikeTheTiger » July 30th, 2013, 8:43 pm

BullGator wrote:Aloha and Admin, are you seeing spammers just in that they are trying to create accounts or are they successfully creating accounts and then posting and you're catching the posts in the approval process?

EDIT: Strange, I just checked behind the scenes, and all spammer countermeasures are active and working. So, whatever spammers are making it through are real people taking the time to do it manually or some of the most advanced bots ever. All users have to make it past a bot-defeating captcha during signup and then click a link in an email sent to them...weird.

I just had to go through and disapprove 50+ spam posts. I'd guess we've already done so for around 100 today alone. There are 127 registered users, but only about a dozen of those are real. Everyone please be patient as we get your initial posts approved. We have to wade through a lot of junk to get there.

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » July 31st, 2013, 7:12 am

MikeTheTiger wrote:
BullGator wrote:Aloha and Admin, are you seeing spammers just in that they are trying to create accounts or are they successfully creating accounts and then posting and you're catching the posts in the approval process?

EDIT: Strange, I just checked behind the scenes, and all spammer countermeasures are active and working. So, whatever spammers are making it through are real people taking the time to do it manually or some of the most advanced bots ever. All users have to make it past a bot-defeating captcha during signup and then click a link in an email sent to them...weird.

I just had to go through and disapprove 50+ spam posts. I'd guess we've already done so for around 100 today alone. There are 127 registered users, but only about a dozen of those are real. Everyone please be patient as we get your initial posts approved. We have to wade through a lot of junk to get there.

One of the bad points about the internet.

:(
God, Country, Notre Dame

Postby shake down » July 31st, 2013, 12:26 pm

new board has a good look to it, thanks for all the hard work you guys have done.
Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy - January 20th 1961

The X-Man Cometh

Postby Xenon » August 2nd, 2013, 12:39 pm

boards look nice in many ways...

thanks for all the work you guys put into this ...

Now, I just have to figure out where everything is ...

now somethings are on the side that used to be on the top, and stuff like that

fun set of emoticons .....

Misanthrope

Postby PotatoPeeler » August 7th, 2013, 10:16 am

Howdy. I'm not a spammer. I'm actually Gandalf. Just going with the screen name I use everywhere else on the interwebs.

Anyway, how the heck do I change my avatar? Attempts in the User Control Panel were unsuccessful.
培傑西

I have never taken a lesson on how to talk on TV in my life.
- Tim McCarver

If you need a hand, sometimes the best place to look is at the end of your own arm.

*Formerly know as Gandalf

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » August 7th, 2013, 10:26 am

PotatoPeeler wrote:Howdy. I'm not a spammer. I'm actually Gandalf. Just going with the screen name I use everywhere else on the interwebs.

Anyway, how the heck do I change my avatar? Attempts in the User Control Panel were unsuccessful.

Hey Gandalf, er.... PotatoPeeler! Glad you made it over.

The image has to be 90 pixels by 90 pixels or less. Find an image you like, resize it to 90 x 90 pixels (I used a paint program), then save it on your computer. Then you can upload it. In the User Control Panel, click profile, then click edit avatar.
God, Country, Notre Dame

PreviousNext

Return to Free For All