Register

Former members

Anything and everything (within reason) for all posters. Be sure to check out the "Rules and Notices" forum before posting.
The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Former members

Postby Iconoclast » September 14th, 2020, 6:25 pm

The number of posters on this site has continued to diminish as the years have passed, and now with the pandemic and the reduction in sports, I fear that this atrophy of members will accelerate. With this, I was wondering about some of the past members and if anyone knows what has happened to any of them. Or if anyone keeps in touch with them.

Sparty hasn't been around in almost five years and was having health issues. Eric stopped posting five years ago. Purpl_blud used to post on the old site quite a bit. GatorFan (or do I have his name correct? Fred was his name) was one of the originators of the site but dropped off years ago. Mikie and Kerrie stopped posted years ago, I met them and a few other members during a baseball trip but didn't keep in touch.

If anyone knows the status of any of these folks, or knows the status of former posters that I haven't mentioned, it would be great to hear about them.
6-3. Mission accomplished.

Thong

Re: Former members

Postby bigearl » September 21st, 2020, 5:34 pm

Iconoclast wrote:The number of posters on this site has continued to diminish as the years have passed, and now with the pandemic and the reduction in sports, I fear that this atrophy of members will accelerate. With this, I was wondering about some of the past members and if anyone knows what has happened to any of them. Or if anyone keeps in touch with them.

Sparty hasn't been around in almost five years and was having health issues. Eric stopped posting five years ago. Purpl_blud used to post on the old site quite a bit. GatorFan (or do I have his name correct? Fred was his name) was one of the originators of the site but dropped off years ago. Mikie and Kerrie stopped posted years ago, I met them and a few other members during a baseball trip but didn't keep in touch.

If anyone knows the status of any of these folks, or knows the status of former posters that I haven't mentioned, it would be great to hear about them.

I know it.. I miss the old days.. we had some good back and forth. Also my favorite.. PF10.. she was a riot.

Postby Iconoclast » September 22nd, 2020, 10:28 am

bigearl wrote:
I know it.. I miss the old days.. we had some good back and forth. Also my favorite.. PF10.. she was a riot.

Well she came through and said hello a few years back. I suspect she is doing well and her kids are probably in high school by now. Or close. I'm afraid we have some members who have passed away and we won't ever know.

The luckiest man in the world

Postby *YNC* Griff » September 24th, 2020, 2:04 am

Bullgator is around, but not necessarily posting much (or at all). Aloha sometimes has to reach out to him to fix something with the site pickem wise.

Captain Patriotic Analogy

Postby Seattle Irish » September 25th, 2020, 4:25 pm

I don't plan on going anywhere, but I have been preoccupied with taking care of my wife for the past 2 years. Now that her surgeries are out of the way I should have a little extra time.Although working from puts a little crimp in things, and I don't see her returning to her office anytime soon. May have to break down and buy a new laptop to use when she is working.

Don't bite me, you little @#$%!

Postby DiehardLonghornFan » October 21st, 2020, 1:04 pm

I guess the last one here needs to turn out the lights. Sad.
HOOK 'EM!

Postby Iconoclast » October 23rd, 2020, 1:13 pm

Seattle Irish wrote:I don't plan on going anywhere, but I have been preoccupied with taking care of my wife for the past 2 years. Now that her surgeries are out of the way I should have a little extra time.Although working from puts a little crimp in things, and I don't see her returning to her office anytime soon. May have to break down and buy a new laptop to use when she is working.

SI it's good to know that your wife's surgeries are in the rear view mirror, I hope that her health is good now. And glad you will be around.

I'm troubled about so many members who have disappeared that may no longer be alive and we will never know. It's sad that so many just don't post here anymore, but it's understandable and hopefully they are in good health. I was hoping that some still active members would have updates on some of the members who no longer post, but it appears that few of us kept in touch outside of here.

I did meet the baseball folks one time but sadly I lost any email accounts that I had with them (Mikie and Kerry apparently changed their emails). I also have met Willie and he still posts here. Years ago I met the couple that used to moderate the first site that gathered us all, but I don't recall what site that was (sheesh my memory). They posted here for a while, but left many, many years ago and there is a good chance they may no longer be with us.

Sorry to be so morbid.

The luckiest man in the world

Postby *YNC* Griff » October 24th, 2020, 3:56 am

Iconoclast wrote:
Seattle Irish wrote:I don't plan on going anywhere, but I have been preoccupied with taking care of my wife for the past 2 years. Now that her surgeries are out of the way I should have a little extra time.Although working from puts a little crimp in things, and I don't see her returning to her office anytime soon. May have to break down and buy a new laptop to use when she is working.

SI it's good to know that your wife's surgeries are in the rear view mirror, I hope that her health is good now. And glad you will be around.

I'm troubled about so many members who have disappeared that may no longer be alive and we will never know. It's sad that so many just don't post here anymore, but it's understandable and hopefully they are in good health. I was hoping that some still active members would have updates on some of the members who no longer post, but it appears that few of us kept in touch outside of here.

I did meet the baseball folks one time but sadly I lost any email accounts that I had with them (Mikie and Kerry apparently changed their emails). I also have met Willie and he still posts here. Years ago I met the couple that used to moderate the first site that gathered us all, but I don't recall what site that was (sheesh my memory). They posted here for a while, but left many, many years ago and there is a good chance they may no longer be with us.

Sorry to be so morbid.

Was it the MSNBC site?

I think the mod there was named "Nelson", IIRC,

His Noliness

Postby Aloha Nole » October 24th, 2020, 2:18 pm

*YNC* Griff wrote:Was it the MSNBC site?

I think the mod there was named "Nelson", IIRC,

Yes, MSNBC was the first site that drew me in, and the Mod was named Nelson. But there was also an MSNBC Notre Dame board as well (I think), and also an MSNBC MLB section too. I don't know if Nelson was the Mod for all of them, or just the CF Board.
Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor," described Navy Seal Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael Murphy as "An iron-souled warrior of colossal and almost unbelievable courage in the face of the enemy."

Return to Free For All