Register

Is everybody still doing okay?

Anything and everything (within reason) for all posters. Be sure to check out the "Rules and Notices" forum before posting.
The Curmudgeon

Is everybody still doing okay?

Postby Domer » May 2nd, 2020, 3:58 pm

My wife and I are still hungered down and doing okay.
God, Country, Notre Dame

His Noliness

Re: Is everybody still doing okay?

Postby Aloha Nole » May 3rd, 2020, 11:49 am

That is good to hear, Ed.

My wife and I are also doing good.
Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor," described Navy Seal Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael Murphy as "An iron-souled warrior of colossal and almost unbelievable courage in the face of the enemy."

Thong

Postby bigearl » May 5th, 2020, 8:18 am

All is well. I'd like to see some plans to start getting things moving though. It doesn't make sense to have rural areas play by the same rules as major metropolitan areas. Our governor is instituting masks in public starting tomorrow... while I don't have an issue wearing one in a store, I will not be wearing one jogging down my street. It seems to be there really are no experts in this.. everyone is learning on the fly.

The X-Man Cometh

Postby Xenon » May 5th, 2020, 9:10 pm

It's weird at our house .... 6 months ago, the PLAN was 3 of 4 kids out of the house ... away at college, away at internships, etc etc etc ...

INSTEAD ... All 4 home ... online remote college, delayed/cancelled internships, etc etc etc

We are doing fine from a purely "do you or do you not have COVID" point of view ...

HOWEVER, I think the long term impact is going to very bad .... Not sure that my son ever regains missing soooo much of the college experience by doing a full semester or more "in his room, in his pajamas, with mom cooking his dinner" (yes, WE CAN address those and we are, but the point is he is missing alot). My daughter's admission to Grad School was revoked, so she probably just got set back a full year, and struggling to figure out something useful to do for that year, when no one is offering internships and positions.

My daughter was supposed to get married in June. Still going to get married, but rather than a big reception, it's probably just Bride/Groom and two sets of parents. We're thinking a reception in a year on the first anniversary. But I feel really bad that the fun and excitement and happiness of a once in a lifetime thing like a Wedding is taken from my daughter.

SO ...are we OK ... Yeah, I guess ... but NO, not really......

Captain Patriotic Analogy

Postby Seattle Irish » May 6th, 2020, 8:58 am

My wife had surgery on her foot jsut before this all happened. She was scheduled to return to work on 4/27, and they informed her 10 days befor this that she would be working from home. Had to reconfigure the computer room so she can use her power chair at the desk, plus raise it by 4 inches. The cat is trying to adapt to all of the changes, and I'm not doing so well at it for the moment.
They now have her on a waiting list for surgery on her left foot, then we get to do this all over again.

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » May 13th, 2020, 1:44 pm

Seattle Irish wrote:My wife had surgery on her foot jsut before this all happened. She was scheduled to return to work on 4/27, and they informed her 10 days befor this that she would be working from home. Had to reconfigure the computer room so she can use her power chair at the desk, plus raise it by 4 inches. The cat is trying to adapt to all of the changes, and I'm not doing so well at it for the moment.
They now have her on a waiting list for surgery on her left foot, then we get to do this all over again.

Here's hoping and wishing for you two that things start going better.
God, Country, Notre Dame

Don't bite me, you little @#$%!

Postby DiehardLonghornFan » May 14th, 2020, 7:47 am

Went back to work on the 4th. We have had to adapt dramatically to the new Covid rules for dentistry. We are busy but not seeing a normal patient load. Everyone over age 10 has to wear a mask in the office and I've removed over half the chairs to allow for social distancing. Trying to keep it to no more than 2 families at a time in the waiting area and one family at a time in the treatment area.
HOOK 'EM!

Return to Free For All