Register

Welcome to phpBB3

Doo-hickeys, hacks, asteroids, spaceships, rocketmen, and sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!
Don't bite me, you little @#$%!

Re: Welcome to phpBB3

Postby DiehardLonghornFan » July 30th, 2013, 4:21 pm

Was everyone else locked out from the old site since the weekend? I kept trying everyday once or twice a day to see if it was just a glitch. We may lose a few folks who don't check in frequently.
HOOK 'EM!

His Noliness

Postby *YNC* Aloha Nole » July 30th, 2013, 4:22 pm

Yeah, GASF was down hard since Friday, I think.
Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor," described Navy Seal Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael Murphy as "An iron-souled warrior of colossal and almost unbelievable courage in the face of the enemy."

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Postby Iconoclast » July 30th, 2013, 4:22 pm

DiehardLonghornFan wrote:Was everyone else locked out from the old site since the weekend? I kept trying everyday once or twice a day to see if it was just a glitch. We may lose a few folks who don't check in frequently.

Yes. I suspect they will try just like all of us have and will eventually come over. May take some time.
Everything good that's ever happened to me came out of helping others. Danny Trejo

Don't bite me, you little @#$%!

Postby DiehardLonghornFan » July 30th, 2013, 7:05 pm

It kinda felt like you got kicked out of your apartment and now we've found a new place. Just have to take some time unpacking boxes and putting up pictures! :lol:
HOOK 'EM!

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » July 31st, 2013, 6:58 am

Iconoclast wrote:
Domer wrote:Hey..... I'm here. Anybody else around?

I made it. I know that makes your day! :mrgreen:

It does! I would have missed you if you hadn't made it over here.

:D
God, Country, Notre Dame

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » July 31st, 2013, 7:00 am

DiehardLonghornFan wrote:Was everyone else locked out from the old site since the weekend? I kept trying everyday once or twice a day to see if it was just a glitch. We may lose a few folks who don't check in frequently.

Yeah. I hope we don't lose any, but we might. Hopefully, they will all find their way here over time.
God, Country, Notre Dame

His Noliness

Postby *YNC* Aloha Nole » July 31st, 2013, 7:22 am

I think, because the web address is the same, that most people will still come back.
Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor," described Navy Seal Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael Murphy as "An iron-souled warrior of colossal and almost unbelievable courage in the face of the enemy."

Janitor

Postby BullGator » July 31st, 2013, 9:21 am

The reason we had to move is that the old message board system was simply dying a slow death. It was in such a state that any minor hiccup would bring the whole site to its knees. So, once it crashed this last time, the best route to being back up and running was to launch this new message board system.

I've updated every page I could think of within the old system (home page, forum page, topic page) to redirect to this new system, so everyone should automatically be sent here, so everyone should find it easily from here on out.

I said it elsewhere, but I'll repeat it here: if I can breathe any life back into the old system, I'll do what I can to archive some of the old message board. I'm also working currently to get the GACFFP and Pickems integrated into this message board like they were with the old one, so if you're logged in here, you'll be able to use them. That might take a while.
I have the coolest signature of all time. Woohoo!!

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » July 31st, 2013, 9:57 am

Continued thanks, BG!
God, Country, Notre Dame

Postby Michigan Grad » July 31st, 2013, 10:07 am

Test....
I tried posting on the "PHEW" thread to no avail.
Looks like I might be "persona non grata"?
Coaching is my passion:
Hockey - Plymouth Canton Hockey Association
Football - Cardinal Mooney High School

PreviousNext

Return to High-Tech Wonderland and Site Info