Register

Joker

Literature, music, movies, TV, games, whatever! Use this forum for all creative outlets.
The Unimpeachable Source

Joker

Postby irishmark » January 13th, 2020, 11:26 am

Rented it this weekend.

Although I've had one or two friends disagree with me, and they have the right to be wrong, I believe this is maybe the best performance I have ever seen by Joaquin Phoenix.

The film deserves the 11 Academy Award nominations it got this morning.
“ if Miami wants to fight after the game, I need one favor. Save Jimmy Johnson’s ass for me”

Lou Holtz

Thong

Re: Joker

Postby bigearl » February 18th, 2020, 3:44 pm

irishmark wrote:Rented it this weekend.

Although I've had one or two friends disagree with me, and they have the right to be wrong, I believe this is maybe the best performance I have ever seen by Joaquin Phoenix.

having watched him at the awards... it may have not even have been a very good performance.. he may have just been being his normal self in the movie.. :lol:

The Unimpeachable Source

Re: Joker

Postby irishmark » February 18th, 2020, 3:55 pm

bigearl wrote:
irishmark wrote:Rented it this weekend.

having watched him at the awards... it may have not even have been a very good performance.. he may have just been being his normal self in the movie.. :lol:

He's a little different. But most of the great actors are. Brando was a whack job!

You see Joaquin in Walk The Line? Should've won for that!
“ if Miami wants to fight after the game, I need one favor. Save Jimmy Johnson’s ass for me”

Lou Holtz

Return to Arts & Entertainment