Register

Finding Hitler

Literature, music, movies, TV, games, whatever! Use this forum for all creative outlets.
The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Finding Hitler

Postby Iconoclast » January 15th, 2016, 11:58 am

Has anyone else watched this series? It's a series on the History channel involving a team of various people with CIA and military backgrounds who have looked through declassified documents from the CIA that says the CIA was tracking Hitler in South America after WWII. They have concluded that Hitler did not commit suicide in the bunker. They believe he made it to Argentina via Spain and then into Brazil and was preparing the fourth Reich. It's really interesting. They are done with season 1 and I'm looking forward to season 2.
Make GASF Great Again!

The Artist FKA SECRules

Re: Finding Hitler

Postby MikeTheTiger » January 16th, 2016, 11:52 pm

Iconoclast wrote:Has anyone else watched this series? It's a series on the History channel involving a team of various people with CIA and military backgrounds who have looked through declassified documents from the CIA that says the CIA was tracking Hitler in South America after WWII. They have concluded that Hitler did not commit suicide in the bunker. They believe he made it to Argentina via Spain and then into Brazil and was preparing the fourth Reich. It's really interesting. They are done with season 1 and I'm looking forward to season 2.

Is this supposed to be fiction or is really intended to be a plausible reality? No way does Hitler go into hiding and never make his presence known again. He was too much of a megalomaniac to live out his days that way. Now, if it's just for entertainment purposes, I think that could be quite interesting.

Postby Iconoclast » January 17th, 2016, 12:34 am

MikeTheTiger wrote:
Iconoclast wrote:Has anyone else watched this series? It's a series on the History channel involving a team of various people with CIA and military backgrounds who have looked through declassified documents from the CIA that says the CIA was tracking Hitler in South America after WWII. They have concluded that Hitler did not commit suicide in the bunker. They believe he made it to Argentina via Spain and then into Brazil and was preparing the fourth Reich. It's really interesting. They are done with season 1 and I'm looking forward to season 2.

Is this supposed to be fiction or is really intended to be a plausible reality? No way does Hitler go into hiding and never make his presence known again. He was too much of a megalomaniac to live out his days that way. Now, if it's just for entertainment purposes, I think that could be quite interesting.

It's not fiction. They are using facts. They are using the CIA information as a guide, then talking to people, going into archives, surveying lakes, looing into newspaper articles, .... You really should see it. These aren't like the "finding bigfoot people", these are people with credentials doing this. Now do I believe all of their connections or theories? Based upon what they show, yes. However, is what they show unbiased? I don't know. You should see if you can find it and watch the series and draw your own conclusion. I don't believe for a second what is in our history books is always accurate. However, I don't know that these guys are right either. However, it's really thought provoking. They find a lot of Nazi connections with the CIA information. So I find the notion of him living past the bunker very plausible.
Make GASF Great Again!

The Artist FKA SECRules

Postby MikeTheTiger » January 18th, 2016, 11:34 am

Iconoclast wrote:It's not fiction. They are using facts. They are using the CIA information as a guide, then talking to people, going into archives, surveying lakes, looing into newspaper articles, .... You really should see it. These aren't like the "finding bigfoot people", these are people with credentials doing this. Now do I believe all of their connections or theories? Based upon what they show, yes. However, is what they show unbiased? I don't know. You should see if you can find it and watch the series and draw your own conclusion. I don't believe for a second what is in our history books is always accurate. However, I don't know that these guys are right either. However, it's really thought provoking. They find a lot of Nazi connections with the CIA information. So I find the notion of him living past the bunker very plausible.

I can believe that the CIA had information that they felt was at least plausible enough that it was worth their efforts to pursue and that they kept it hidden from the public. I can also believe that there was at least the slight possibility that Hitler did not die in the bunkers as we were told. What I find implausible is the idea that Hitler would just go into hiding never to make his presence known. I cannot see that being consistent with who he was. If I had time to watch the series, I'd probably give it a shot. My children are still too young for my time to be my own.

Postby Iconoclast » January 18th, 2016, 4:39 pm

MikeTheTiger wrote:
I can believe that the CIA had information that they felt was at least plausible enough that it was worth their efforts to pursue and that they kept it hidden from the public. I can also believe that there was at least the slight possibility that Hitler did not die in the bunkers as we were told. What I find implausible is the idea that Hitler would just go into hiding never to make his presence known. I cannot see that being consistent with who he was. If I had time to watch the series, I'd probably give it a shot. My children are still too young for my time to be my own.

I don't disagree with your premise. They really haven't gotten to the point where they have explained what happened to him from there and why he would have stayed hidden. The theory is that he was working to establish the fourth Reich. If one is trying to reestablish himself and build an army, he would not announce to the world that he is alive absent some protection. If he announced to the world that he is alive, then I'm guessing the Soviets and US would have sent in forces to kill and destroy him.

On a related note, one of the former special forces members who is a part of this investigative team is Tim Green who also happens to be a MMA fighter who has just recently stated that his life has been threatened by ISIS.
Make GASF Great Again!

Thong

Postby bigearl » January 25th, 2016, 9:42 am

My youngest son has been watching it..He's been mesmerized by it. I'll have to check it out.

Postby Iconoclast » January 26th, 2016, 3:18 pm

bigearl wrote:My youngest son has been watching it..He's been mesmerized by it. I'll have to check it out.

How old is he? I wouldn't have expected the show to be popular with people under 20. Did he know the history of Hilter and the conspiracy theories about him going to South America? He should read The Boys from Brazil. It's about cloning Hitler. It's fiction, but there is enough evidence about the German's attempting to clone and Hitler was such an narcissist that the book has an air of realism about it. It makes the story not all that far fetched.
Make GASF Great Again!

Thong

Postby bigearl » January 28th, 2016, 2:53 pm

Iconoclast wrote:
bigearl wrote:My youngest son has been watching it..He's been mesmerized by it. I'll have to check it out.

How old is he? I wouldn't have expected the show to be popular with people under 20. Did he know the history of Hilter and the conspiracy theories about him going to South America? He should read The Boys from Brazil. It's about cloning Hitler. It's fiction, but there is enough evidence about the German's attempting to clone and Hitler was such an narcissist that the book has an air of realism about it. It makes the story not all that far fetched.

He's 14, a freshman in High School. It sounds like it's a pretty popular show among kids in his school.

Return to Arts & Entertainment