Register

Any new shows look interesting Fall 2017

Literature, music, movies, TV, games, whatever! Use this forum for all creative outlets.
The X-Man Cometh

Any new shows look interesting Fall 2017

Postby Xenon » September 24th, 2017, 6:01 pm

I looked at the Fall Preview ... and quite honestly saw nothing I really wanted to watch ....

Did I miss a pearl in the oyster bed?

The Green Jersey

Re: Any new shows look interesting Fall 2017

Postby irish 78 » October 11th, 2017, 3:57 pm

Not really, although I don't like the shows the cool kids like.

We have watched Seal Team. I am not sure we will keep watching. Week 2 the team parachuted into Syria to get proof of poison gas manufacturing. They found sick women and children. They lied about getting samples to test for poison gas and said they needed to take women and children out for their proof. Green Berets had to come in to take them and the civilians out while under fire from Syrian troops and potentially Russian troops.

It was heart breaking to see sick, but they lied to command, put the mission at risk, put their lives in more danger and put the lives of the army unit in danger. Everyone gets out alive in the show, but boy in real life it seems like a recipe for disaster.

It feels like Hollywood's idea of how Navy Seals should act.

We watched the first episode of In-Humans. It was confusing. The only reason I knew any of their powers was I saw them on an Avengers cartoon. Even then I only knew a couple characters.

Postby Maz » October 12th, 2017, 8:53 am

Mindhunter

A Netflix show about the beginning of the FBI's Serial Crime Unit, starring two agents who interview serial killers/rapists and understanding their psychology; think "Criminal Minds" (CBS show) but with Netflix production values. It's produced by David Fincher (Seven, Fight Club, The Social Network) and Charlize Theron.

It drops tomorrow.
I intend to live forever... so far, so good.

His Noliness

Postby Aloha Nole » October 12th, 2017, 3:16 pm

irish 78 wrote:We have watched Seal Team. I am not sure we will keep watching. Week 2 the team parachuted into Syria to get proof of poison gas manufacturing. They found sick women and children. They lied about getting samples to test for poison gas and said they needed to take women and children out for their proof. Green Berets had to come in to take them and the civilians out while under fire from Syrian troops and potentially Russian troops.

It was heart breaking to see sick, but they lied to command, put the mission at risk, put their lives in more danger and put the lives of the army unit in danger. Everyone gets out alive in the show, but boy in real life it seems like a recipe for disaster.

It feels like Hollywood's idea of how Navy Seals should act.

Sounds like pure trash... I'll pass.
Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor," described Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael Murphy as "An iron-souled warrior of colossal and almost unbelievable courage in the face of the enemy."

Return to Arts & Entertainment