Register

Gordon is looking like a champion these days

NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide Series, Indy Racing, it's all good in the racing forum. Hell, Motorcycle, Dog, and Horse Racing are welcome too.
His Noliness

Re: Gordon is looking like a champion these days

Postby *YNC* Aloha Nole » September 30th, 2014, 11:43 am

Absolutely agree.
Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor," described Navy Seal Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael Murphy as "An iron-souled warrior of colossal and almost unbelievable courage in the face of the enemy."

The Artist FKA SECRules

Postby MikeTheTiger » October 6th, 2014, 9:33 pm

There are still two races to go in this round, but I would love to see Jimmie Johnson, Jr., and Keselowski all taken down so early because of one bad race where they get bit by bad luck. It would show just how ridiculous this game of creating fake suspense really is. Keselowski's actually one of my favorite drivers, but if that's what it takes to get them to end this nonsense, then so be it.

His Noliness

Postby *YNC* Aloha Nole » October 7th, 2014, 4:59 am

Excellent post, Mike. I agree 100%.
Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor," described Navy Seal Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael Murphy as "An iron-souled warrior of colossal and almost unbelievable courage in the face of the enemy."

The Artist FKA SECRules

Postby MikeTheTiger » November 2nd, 2014, 10:59 pm

Well, I'm losing respect for Brad K. very quickly these days. It's pretty clear that few of the veterans like the way he drives. I think he's a breath of fresh air, but he also appears to be in over his head at times. He's too brash and takes too many chances. I guess that's what this new format breeds. Keselowski's only chance of advancing is to win, so he has to take chances. Jeff Gordon paid the price. As a result, he is now in a very precarious spot, when he should be well on his way to the next round. It's complete crap.

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » November 3rd, 2014, 8:53 am

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/story/ ... -fall-race

"The way he races, I don't know how he ever won a championship. This is why everyone is fighting with him," Gordon said. "There wasn't any conversation. You can't have a conversation with him. There's big consequences. To me, it's just a bunch of crap. The kid is just doing stuff way over his head."
God, Country, Notre Dame

The Artist FKA SECRules

Postby MikeTheTiger » November 3rd, 2014, 3:46 pm

Domer wrote:http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/11811375/jimmie-johnson-wins-third-consecutive-texas-fall-race

"The way he races, I don't know how he ever won a championship. This is why everyone is fighting with him," Gordon said. "There wasn't any conversation. You can't have a conversation with him. There's big consequences. To me, it's just a bunch of crap. The kid is just doing stuff way over his head."

As you can see, I read the same article. I didn't realize how much I had stolen words from Gordon's mouth when I posted.

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » November 3rd, 2014, 3:52 pm

MikeTheTiger wrote:
Domer wrote:http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/11811375/jimmie-johnson-wins-third-consecutive-texas-fall-race

As you can see, I read the same article. I didn't realize how much I had stolen words from Gordon's mouth when I posted.

Well, I hate to admit it, but I didn't make that connection. I just knew it backed up what you said. I wasn't accusing you of borrowing.
God, Country, Notre Dame

His Noliness

Postby *YNC* Aloha Nole » November 3rd, 2014, 4:00 pm

I think that NASCAR will say that what Brad K did was racing, and no harm no foul.

I imagine that Gordon will be fined (and pretty heavily) for the fight. I don't, however, think that they will not dock him any points.

If they do take points from him, it will essentially end his shot at the title. And if they do so that, I suspect that Gordon will ENSURE that Brad K does not win the Championship either.

The Artist FKA SECRules

Postby MikeTheTiger » November 4th, 2014, 7:50 am

Aloha Nole wrote:I think that NASCAR will say that what Brad K did was racing, and no harm no foul.

I imagine that Gordon will be fined (and pretty heavily) for the fight. I don't, however, think that they will not dock him any points.

If they do take points from him, it will essentially end his shot at the title. And if they do so that, I suspect that Gordon will ENSURE that Brad K does not win the Championship either.

I don't think they'll dock him points either, but Brad K has made so many drivers angry at this point, I don't see any way he wins the championship. Someone will make sure it doesn't happen.

His Noliness

Postby *YNC* Aloha Nole » November 4th, 2014, 6:00 pm

NASCAR issues penalties for post-Texas tangle

November 04, 2014, Staff report, NASCAR.com

NASCAR handed down penalties Tuesday after Sunday's post-race brawl at Texas Motor Speedway.

NASCAR officials did not fine drivers Jeff Gordon, Kevin Harvick and Brad Keselowski for their involvement in pit road fight after the AAA Texas 500. Gordon's crew chief Alan Gustafson was fined $50,000 and placed on probation through the completion of the next six NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship points races. Kenny Francis, the crew chief for Kasey Kahne (a fellow Hendrick Motorsports driver) received the same punishment as Gustafson. Both crew chiefs were found to be in violation of Section 9-4A: Crew chief assumes responsibility for the actions of his team members; Section 12-1: Actions detrimental to stock car racing and Section 12-4.9: Behavioral penalty.

Crew members from both Gordon's Hendrick Motorsports team and Keselowski's Team Penske also drew sanctions. Hendrick crewman Jeremy Fuller (No. 5 team) along with Dwayne Doucette and Jason Ingle (No. 24 team) were each fined $25,000 and suspended for the next six NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship points races. All three were found to be in violation of actions detrimental to stock car racing and a behavioral penalty for being involved in a post-race altercation with a driver on pit road.

Additionally, Dean Mozingo -- a crewmember for the No. 24 team was fined $10,000 and suspended from NASCAR through the next three Sprint Cup Series championship points races. He was to be in violation of the same things as the other crewman.

"While the intensity and emotions are high as we continue through the final rounds of the NASCAR Chase, the actions that we saw from several crew members Sunday following the race at Texas are unacceptable," said Robin Pemberton, NASCAR senior vice president/competition and racing development in a release. "We reviewed the content that was available to us of the post-race incident along pit road, and identified several crew members who crossed the line with their actions, specifically punching others."

"We therefore have penalized four crew members as well as their crew chiefs, as they ultimately are responsible for members of their team per the NASCAR rulebook," Pemberton continued. "A NASCAR championship is at stake, but we can't allow behavior that crosses the line to go unchecked, particularly when it puts others in harm's way."

Keselowski, at the center of the altercation after his late-race contact with Gordon's car sparked the disagreement, was not punished. He remains under probation until Nov. 12 -- after this Sunday's Quicken Loans Race for Heroes 500 (3 p.m. ET, ESPN) at Phoenix International Raceway -- for his post-race actions Oct. 11 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

Earlier on Tuesday, before the penalties were announced, in an appearance on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, NASCAR Chairman and CEO Brian France said that the sanctioning body was prepared to dole out some "harsh punishment."

"People that were involved in the post-race altercation in terms of throwing punches and doing things that are over the line for us, we'll be dealing with that with some harsh punishment," France said."

Gordon confronted Keselowski after contact between the two cut a tire on Gordon's No. 24 Chevrolet during a late-race restart. Gordon, who had restarted as the race leader, continued after his spin caused the last of 13 caution periods, but wound up one lap down by the checkered flag.

Gordon removed his helmet and walked toward Keselowski as tensions and proximity among the teams' crew members increased. Once Harvick pushed Keselowski closer to the fray, the pushing intensified and some punches landed.

Pemberton on Sunday said after the race that the on-track altercation was attributed to hard racing, adding that "this is a contact sport" and that this year's new Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup playoff format has ratched up the pressure. He said Sunday that officials would take their time in reviewing footage of the pit-road incident before reaching a decision.

"You just look at it as a whole with the people that were involved," Pemberton said Sunday. "There's a lot that went on with all the race teams over the past couple months of hard racing, so you have to look at everything out there post-race."

Keselowski finished third to better his standing in the middle leg of the three-race Eliminator Round, the last cut-off point before the Chase field is whittled from eight to four drivers. Gordon, who entered the Texas event as the points leader after the opening Eliminator Round race at Martinsville, sunk to fourth place among the eight as a result of his 29th-place finish.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/ ... lties.html

PreviousNext

Return to Racing