Register

Horse Racing

NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide Series, Indy Racing, it's all good in the racing forum. Hell, Motorcycle, Dog, and Horse Racing are welcome too.

Horse Racing

Postby GR82BACANE » March 5th, 2018, 2:55 pm

Anyone on here play the horses but me?

His Noliness

Re: Horse Racing

Postby Aloha Nole » March 5th, 2018, 3:54 pm

GR82BACANE wrote:Anyone on here play the horses but me?

I think Domer used to race horses in the past. Harness racing, I believe.
Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor," described Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael Murphy as "An iron-souled warrior of colossal and almost unbelievable courage in the face of the enemy."

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » March 6th, 2018, 12:07 pm

Aloha Nole is right. I trained and drove harness horses for about 20 years when I was younger. I never did gamble a lot and I still don't. Contrary to some public opinion, the traces aren't fixed and I believe the old saying that "you can beat a race, but you can't beat the races". That meaning that if you bet all or most of the races, you will eventually lose money.
God, Country, Notre Dame

Postby GR82BACANE » March 7th, 2018, 3:42 pm

Domer wrote:

Aloha Nole is right. I trained and drove harness horses for about 20 years when I was younger. I never did gamble a lot and I still don't. Contrary to some public opinion, the traces aren't fixed and I believe the old saying that "you can beat a race, but you can't beat the races". That meaning that if you bet all or most of the races, you will eventually lose money.

I stick to betting P4 and P5 mostly. Especially sequences with 1st time starters. I have a certain work pattern I want to see. I also only play certain tracks and if I can't bet the sequence for a price I think I can hit and make money I leave it alone. The new Federal tax laws on gambling winnings have really helped this year.

I have hit some really nice ones and if a couple photos had gone the other way on ones I hit but could have had better prices I would be having a huge year.

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » March 8th, 2018, 11:06 am

GR82BACANE wrote:I stick to betting P4 and P5 mostly. Especially sequences with 1st time starters. I have a certain work pattern I want to see. I also only play certain tracks and if I can't bet the sequence for a price I think I can hit and make money I leave it alone. The new Federal tax laws on gambling winnings have really helped this year.

I have hit some really nice ones and if a couple photos had gone the other way on ones I hit but could have had better prices I would be having a huge year.

Go for it!

:D
God, Country, Notre Dame

Return to Racing