Register

Horse Racing

NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide Series, Indy Racing, it's all good in the racing forum. Hell, Motorcycle, Dog, and Horse Racing are welcome too.
The Turnover Chain

Horse Racing

Postby GR82BACANE » March 5th, 2018, 2:55 pm

Anyone on here play the horses but me?

His Noliness

Re: Horse Racing

Postby Aloha Nole » March 5th, 2018, 3:54 pm

GR82BACANE wrote:Anyone on here play the horses but me?

I think Domer used to race horses in the past. Harness racing, I believe.
Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor," described Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael Murphy as "An iron-souled warrior of colossal and almost unbelievable courage in the face of the enemy."

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » March 6th, 2018, 12:07 pm

Aloha Nole is right. I trained and drove harness horses for about 20 years when I was younger. I never did gamble a lot and I still don't. Contrary to some public opinion, the traces aren't fixed and I believe the old saying that "you can beat a race, but you can't beat the races". That meaning that if you bet all or most of the races, you will eventually lose money.
God, Country, Notre Dame

The Turnover Chain

Postby GR82BACANE » March 7th, 2018, 3:42 pm

Domer wrote:

Aloha Nole is right. I trained and drove harness horses for about 20 years when I was younger. I never did gamble a lot and I still don't. Contrary to some public opinion, the traces aren't fixed and I believe the old saying that "you can beat a race, but you can't beat the races". That meaning that if you bet all or most of the races, you will eventually lose money.

I stick to betting P4 and P5 mostly. Especially sequences with 1st time starters. I have a certain work pattern I want to see. I also only play certain tracks and if I can't bet the sequence for a price I think I can hit and make money I leave it alone. The new Federal tax laws on gambling winnings have really helped this year.

I have hit some really nice ones and if a couple photos had gone the other way on ones I hit but could have had better prices I would be having a huge year.

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » March 8th, 2018, 11:06 am

GR82BACANE wrote:I stick to betting P4 and P5 mostly. Especially sequences with 1st time starters. I have a certain work pattern I want to see. I also only play certain tracks and if I can't bet the sequence for a price I think I can hit and make money I leave it alone. The new Federal tax laws on gambling winnings have really helped this year.

I have hit some really nice ones and if a couple photos had gone the other way on ones I hit but could have had better prices I would be having a huge year.

Go for it!

:D
God, Country, Notre Dame

Return to Racing