Register

I am so done with NASCAR

NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide Series, Indy Racing, it's all good in the racing forum. Hell, Motorcycle, Dog, and Horse Racing are welcome too.
His Noliness

I am so done with NASCAR

Postby Aloha Nole » February 26th, 2017, 6:05 pm

These new rule changes are absolute 100% GARBAGE.
Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor," described Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael Murphy as "An iron-souled warrior of colossal and almost unbelievable courage in the face of the enemy."

The Curmudgeon

Re: I am so done with NASCAR

Postby Domer » February 27th, 2017, 7:55 am

I have never been a close follower, but a casual observer. These changes just make it all the more confusing to me.
God, Country, Notre Dame

The Artist FKA SECRules

Postby MikeTheTiger » February 28th, 2017, 9:07 pm

Aloha Nole wrote:These new rule changes are absolute 100% GARBAGE.

I was going to ask you what you thought of the changes. I can see the goal behind the rules (to get drivers to race hard early in the race), but it really is artificial and kills the flow of the race. They might as well just have 2 or 3 shorter races if that is their goal.

His Noliness

Postby Aloha Nole » March 1st, 2017, 5:09 am

MikeTheTiger wrote:
Aloha Nole wrote:These new rule changes are absolute 100% GARBAGE.

I was going to ask you what you thought of the changes. I can see the goal behind the rules (to get drivers to race hard early in the race), but it really is artificial and kills the flow of the race. They might as well just have 2 or 3 shorter races if that is their goal.

Exactly right.

The race concept/format has served NASCAR well for nearly 70 years... and now no longer. This segment concept was used as a novelty sort of thing in the Budweiser Duels, when no points were awarded. Now, they want to base their entire season on it. It is laughable.
Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor," described Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael Murphy as "An iron-souled warrior of colossal and almost unbelievable courage in the face of the enemy."

Postby GR82BACANE » August 22nd, 2017, 7:31 am

Considering the direction of the NFL I have cancelled my Sunday ticket and will be watching more NASCAR and less NFL.

Return to Racing