Register

Congratulations Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs!

Wanna talk zambonis, overpriced tickets, snacks & beer? Then this is the place for you.
The Curmudgeon

Congratulations Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs!

Postby Domer » April 8th, 2018, 8:23 am

Great game.
God, Country, Notre Dame

The Postmaster General

Re: Congratulations Minnesota Diluth Bulldogs!

Postby Dubby » April 9th, 2018, 10:28 am

Domer wrote:Great game.

Sports talk radio Boomer Esiason "There was No Puck of the Irish in the Championship Game" :P
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

Postby Michigan Grad » April 9th, 2018, 11:10 am

Boomer should stick to a sport he is knowledgeable about. :x

UM-D set back college hockey a decade with that championship run.
Yes, they played a great tournament and deserve to host the national championship trophy, but watching them play in the Frozen Four was as exciting as watching grass grow or paint dry.
As soon as they got up 2-0 on both OSU and ND, they circled the wagons and initiated a counter-attacking left wing lock which would have made the New Jersey Devils teams of the mid 1990's proud.
In sports, success breeds imitation and their style will be implemented for years to come by smaller schools in order to shut down high powered offenses.
I love strong defenses in football and basketball, which are quickly becoming extinct, but this performance was detrimental to the game, in my opinion.
When 2 of the 4 best offensive teams in the nation are held to a goal each, it doesn't make for a showcase for a sport trying to develop interest amongst fringe fans.

I may be a hockey snob, but this type of hockey isn't good for our sport. :soap:
Coaching is my passion:
Hockey - Plymouth Canton Hockey Association
Football - Cardinal Mooney High School

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » April 9th, 2018, 12:44 pm

Michigan Grad wrote:Boomer should stick to a sport he is knowledgeable about. :x

Yes, they played a great tournament and deserve to host the national championship trophy, but watching them play in the Frozen Four was as exciting as watching grass grow or paint dry.
As soon as they got up 2-0 on both OSU and ND, they circled the wagons and initiated a counter-attacking left wing lock which would have made the New Jersey Devils teams of the mid 1990's proud.
In sports, success breeds imitation and their style will be implemented for years to come by smaller schools in order to shut down high powered offenses.
I love strong defenses in football and basketball, which are quickly becoming extinct, but this performance was detrimental to the game, in my opinion.
When 2 of the 4 best offensive teams in the nation are held to a goal each, it doesn't make for a showcase for a sport trying to develop interest amongst fringe fans.

I may be a hockey snob, but this type of hockey isn't good for our sport. :soap:

I'll take your word on that
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » April 10th, 2018, 10:44 am

Michigan Grad wrote:Boomer should stick to a sport he is knowledgeable about. :x

You know hockey a lot better than I do. I do know that UM-D went totally on slow down and defense. But, it worked and they won. I accept your point that it isn't good for the sport, though.
God, Country, Notre Dame

Return to Hockey