Register

Tiger shoots a 61 in the 2nd round at Bridgstone

PGA, LPGA, Senior Tour, Web.com Tour, NCAA...man, that's a lot of golf!
The Unimpeachable Source

Tiger shoots a 61 in the 2nd round at Bridgstone

Postby irishmark » August 3rd, 2013, 10:55 am

A good omen for him headed into next week?
"I don't care if Pat Terrell is so wide open, you could walk up and hand him the football! Take the sack"!

Lou Holtz to Tony Rice.

The Artist FKA SECRules

Re: Tiger shoots a 61 in the 2nd round at Bridgstone

Postby MikeTheTiger » August 3rd, 2013, 10:02 pm

irishmark wrote:A good omen for him headed into next week?

Over the last few years, he's had several occasions where it looks like he's really turning a corner, but he just hasn't gotten over the hump in the majors. He's played well in several of them, but hasn't put it together. I think it's pretty clear that he's back to being the #1 player in the world. The question is whether he can finally get another major. I'm torn between thinking he's only going to get one (maybe two) more and thinking that once he gets the first one he'll have the monkey off his back and he'll win several more.

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » August 5th, 2013, 7:08 am

MikeTheTiger wrote:
irishmark wrote:A good omen for him headed into next week?

Over the last few years, he's had several occasions where it looks like he's really turning a corner, but he just hasn't gotten over the hump in the majors. He's played well in several of them, but hasn't put it together. I think it's pretty clear that he's back to being the #1 player in the world. The question is whether he can finally get another major. I torn between thinking he's only going to get one (maybe two) more and thinking that once he gets the first one he'll have the monkey off his back and he'll win several more.

I think (hope) it's the latter. I think even as good as he is, he feels the pressure of not having won a major in such a long time. If he can get one, I think he will get several more after that.
God, Country, Notre Dame

The Unimpeachable Source

Postby irishmark » August 6th, 2013, 7:06 am

I'm in agreement with Domer.
"I don't care if Pat Terrell is so wide open, you could walk up and hand him the football! Take the sack"!

Lou Holtz to Tony Rice.

absolutely no allegiance to anyone

Postby Eric » August 8th, 2013, 2:40 pm

Go Philly, baby! Make it 2 out of 4 this year, especially after blowing the US Open.
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

The Unimpeachable Source

Postby irishmark » August 11th, 2013, 10:22 am

eric wrote:Go Philly, baby! Make it 2 out of 4 this year, especially after blowing the US Open.

Phil at +13, Tiger at +4. Neither will get it done.

Lou Holtz to Tony Rice.

Return to Golf