Register

Tiger has back surgery - out of The Masters

PGA, LPGA, Senior Tour, Web.com Tour, NCAA...man, that's a lot of golf!
The Curmudgeon

Tiger has back surgery - out of The Masters

Postby Domer » April 1st, 2014, 12:09 pm

http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/tig ... ery-040114

Tiger Woods will miss next week's Masters after undergoing a microdiscectomy to address a recent back injury, he said today on his website.

Woods also tweeted the news:

@TigerWoods: "Sad to say I’m missing the Masters. Thanks to the fans for so many kind wishes. tigerwoods.com"

"The report is accurate," Mark Steinberg, Woods' agent, confirmed in an email to Golfweek.

Woods will require rehabilitation and rest for several weeks after the March 31 surgery in Utah by Dr. Charles Rich, according to the post on his website.

"After attempting to get ready for the Masters, and failing to make the necessary progress, I decided, in consultation with my doctors, to have this procedure done," Woods said, adding apologies to tournament organizers at Augusta National as well as patrons and fans before addressing his own disappointment. " ... This is frustrating, but it's something my doctors advised me to do for my immediate and long-term health."

Woods has played only 10 rounds this year on the PGA Tour, with his best finish a tie for 25th in the WGC-Cadillac Championship at Doral. Woods, 38, has won 14 major championships but none since his thrilling playoff victory against Rocco Mediate in the 2008 U.S. Open at Torrey Pines. Jack Nicklaus holds the all-time major-championship record, with 18 titles. Woods, with 79 career Tour victories, trails Sam Snead's 82.

Woods hopes to play again "sometime this summer," according to the story on his website. That timeline could affect the June 12-15 U.S. Open and perhaps the July 17-20 Open Championship.
God, Country, Notre Dame

The Unimpeachable Source

Re: Tiger has back surgery - out of The Masters

Postby irishmark » April 2nd, 2014, 3:44 pm

If I had to guess, I'd say he'll be back in 2015.
"I don't care if Pat Terrell is so wide open, you could walk up and hand him the football! Take the sack"!

Lou Holtz to Tony Rice.

Return to Golf