Register

Congratulations to the USA women's soccer team

Your sport (Tennis, Olympic sports, Volleyball, Tiddlywinks, etc.) doesn't have its own forum? Then come in here and tell us all about it.
The Curmudgeon

Congratulations to the USA women's soccer team

Postby Domer » July 6th, 2015, 6:42 am

God, Country, Notre Dame

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Re: Congratulations to the USA women's soccer team

Postby Iconoclast » July 6th, 2015, 11:01 am

I may be the only soccer fan on the board, but I watched the entire game and it was a thing of beauty. To see a goal scored from mid field is about as rare as a having teammates on a baseball team throw a no hitter and hit for the cycle on the same day. The keeper from Japan had an "awwwwww shitttttttttt" moment. Credit Japan for playing hard the entire 90 minutes.
Everything good that's ever happened to me came out of helping others. Danny Trejo

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » July 6th, 2015, 11:11 am

Iconoclast wrote:I may be the only soccer fan on the board, but I watched the entire game and it was a thing of beauty. To see a goal scored from mid field is about as rare as a having teammates on a baseball team throw a no hitter and hit for the cycle on the same day. The keeper from Japan had an "awwwwww shitttttttttt" moment. Credit Japan for playing hard the entire 90 minutes.

Yeah, that goal from mid field was unbelievable. USA played an outstanding game.
God, Country, Notre Dame

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Postby Iconoclast » July 6th, 2015, 12:08 pm

Domer wrote:
Iconoclast wrote:I may be the only soccer fan on the board, but I watched the entire game and it was a thing of beauty. To see a goal scored from mid field is about as rare as a having teammates on a baseball team throw a no hitter and hit for the cycle on the same day. The keeper from Japan had an "awwwwww shitttttttttt" moment. Credit Japan for playing hard the entire 90 minutes.

Yeah, that goal from mid field was unbelievable. USA played an outstanding game.

Like probably everyone else watching it on TV, I was wondering what the heck she was doing hitting the ball to the goalie when she was on a break and had a runner to her left. I thought "you can't play that ball that far ahead, she'll never be able to run on to it." Then to see is sailing and the keeper backpeddling I said the same thing every other US fan said, "holy crap, get in the goal." It was a brilliant risk to take. David Beckham did the same thing when he was 20 or so in the EPL.
Everything good that's ever happened to me came out of helping others. Danny Trejo

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » July 6th, 2015, 1:09 pm

Iconoclast wrote:Like probably everyone else watching it on TV, I was wondering what the heck she was doing hitting the ball to the goalie when she was on a break and had a runner to her left. I thought "you can't play that ball that far ahead, she'll never be able to run on to it." Then to see is sailing and the keeper backpeddling I said the same thing every other US fan said, "holy crap, get in the goal." It was a brilliant risk to take. David Beckham did the same thing when he was 20 or so in the EPL.

Yep. That is almost word for word what my wife and I were saying as it unfolded.
God, Country, Notre Dame

Return to And the Rest...