Register

Tim Duncan retires

Like the high-flying, high-scoring, NBA? Then this is the place for you!
Don't bite me, you little @#$%!
User avatar
Posts: 706
Joined: July 30th, 2013, 12:43 pm
Location: Tomball, TX

Tim Duncan retires

Postby DiehardLonghornFan » July 12th, 2016, 9:03 am

19 seasons with the same team, made the playoffs every year, 5 rings. No flash whatsoever - which is fine by me. To me he was the consummate professional and one of the best power forwards ever to play the game. Good luck in retirement, Tim.
HOOK 'EM!

Thong
Posts: 908
Joined: August 1st, 2013, 3:49 pm

Re: Tim Duncan retires

Postby bigearl » July 17th, 2016, 8:53 pm

DiehardLonghornFan wrote:19 seasons with the same team, made the playoffs every year, 5 rings. No flash whatsoever - which is fine by me. To me he was the consummate professional and one of the best power forwards ever to play the game. Good luck in retirement, Tim.


The guy was a stud.. I agree.. I think he's a top 10 of all time player.

The Straw That Stirs the Drink
User avatar
Posts: 5463
Joined: July 30th, 2013, 3:12 pm
Location: Portlandia

Re: Tim Duncan retires

Postby Iconoclast » July 27th, 2016, 3:47 pm

bigearl wrote:
DiehardLonghornFan wrote:19 seasons with the same team, made the playoffs every year, 5 rings. No flash whatsoever - which is fine by me. To me he was the consummate professional and one of the best power forwards ever to play the game. Good luck in retirement, Tim.


The guy was a stud.. I agree.. I think he's a top 10 of all time player.


Great player no doubt. Great whiner too. Top 10? I'm not sure. So many other great players. The recency bias always plays a role in these instances as people forget the Walt Fraziers and such because they played so long ago. I mean, if you put a guy like him in the top 10, you probably knock out a guy like Karl Malone. Jordan, Kobe, Magic, Bird all are locks to be in the top 10. Add in other locks that I am forgetting and you get maybe one or two spots left. I mean, you can't not put Russell and Wilt in there.
Everything good that's ever happened to me came out of helping others. Danny Trejo

The Curmudgeon
User avatar
Posts: 9131
Joined: July 30th, 2013, 1:25 pm
Location: 39 Latitude, -84 Longitude

Re: Tim Duncan retires

Postby Domer » July 28th, 2016, 7:09 am

Iconoclast wrote:Great player no doubt. Great whiner too. Top 10? I'm not sure. So many other great players. The recency bias always plays a role in these instances as people forget the Walt Fraziers and such because they played so long ago. I mean, if you put a guy like him in the top 10, you probably knock out a guy like Karl Malone. Jordan, Kobe, Magic, Bird all are locks to be in the top 10. Add in other locks that I am forgetting and you get maybe one or two spots left. I mean, you can't not put Russell and Wilt in there.

Oscar Robertson
God, Country, Notre Dame

The Straw That Stirs the Drink
User avatar
Posts: 5463
Joined: July 30th, 2013, 3:12 pm
Location: Portlandia

Re: Tim Duncan retires

Postby Iconoclast » July 28th, 2016, 3:00 pm

Domer wrote:
Iconoclast wrote:Great player no doubt. Great whiner too. Top 10? I'm not sure. So many other great players. The recency bias always plays a role in these instances as people forget the Walt Fraziers and such because they played so long ago. I mean, if you put a guy like him in the top 10, you probably knock out a guy like Karl Malone. Jordan, Kobe, Magic, Bird all are locks to be in the top 10. Add in other locks that I am forgetting and you get maybe one or two spots left. I mean, you can't not put Russell and Wilt in there.

Oscar Robertson


And I left off Kareem, sheesh. That leaves 2 spots left and to me, there is no way that Duncan gets one of them.
Everything good that's ever happened to me came out of helping others. Danny Trejo

The Curmudgeon
User avatar
Posts: 9131
Joined: July 30th, 2013, 1:25 pm
Location: 39 Latitude, -84 Longitude

Re: Tim Duncan retires

Postby Domer » July 28th, 2016, 3:04 pm

Iconoclast wrote:And I left off Kareem, sheesh. That leaves 2 spots left and to me, there is no way that Duncan gets one of them.

No, I don't think so, either.
God, Country, Notre Dame

User avatar
Posts: 1
Joined: September 28th, 2016, 12:31 am

Tim Duncan retires

Postby MathewVox » September 28th, 2016, 2:48 am

He will retire at the end of this season.
And yes they will be fine. Duncan is just a role player at this point.

Return to NBA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests