Register

Steph Curry

Like the high-flying, high-scoring, NBA? Then this is the place for you!
Thong

Steph Curry

Postby bigearl » February 29th, 2016, 3:15 pm

The OT game against Ok St the other night was nothing short of incredible. Curry is flat out the best shooter who's ever lived.

The Artist FKA SECRules

Re: Steph Curry

Postby MikeTheTiger » February 29th, 2016, 9:09 pm

bigearl wrote:The OT game against Ok St the other night was nothing short of incredible. Curry is flat out the best shooter who's ever lived.

He was just shooting out of his mind in that game. Unbelievable stuff. Have to agree with you that he is the best shooter ever, at least at his peak. No one can touch these past couple of seasons.

Thong

Postby bigearl » March 1st, 2016, 11:08 am

MikeTheTiger wrote:
bigearl wrote:The OT game against Ok St the other night was nothing short of incredible. Curry is flat out the best shooter who's ever lived.

He was just shooting out of his mind in that game. Unbelievable stuff. Have to agree with you that he is the best shooter ever, at least at his peak. No one can touch these past couple of seasons.

It looked like a video game at the end of the game... I mean if you have to guard the guy at 35+ feet, that becomes the definition of unstoppable.

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Postby Iconoclast » March 1st, 2016, 6:48 pm

There has been so much talk about him and GS and how old players are knocking him and the team. To me, it's just sour grapes on the part of the old timers. I heard some talk radio guys say that for the first time in the past 10 years or so, someone other than LeBron is the best player in the NBA.
Everything good that's ever happened to me came out of helping others. Danny Trejo

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » March 2nd, 2016, 7:55 am

Reading you guys talking about him makes me almost want to start watching the NBA again. Almost, but not quite.
God, Country, Notre Dame

Postby Iconoclast » March 2nd, 2016, 1:43 pm

Domer wrote:Reading you guys talking about him makes me almost want to start watching the NBA again. Almost, but not quite.

Golden State and Curry are both fun to watch. I wouldn't say the NBA is really appealing, at least in my opinion, but watching Curry shoot is worth the watch. The NBA is certainly more of a perimeter game today and GS is the prime example of it.
Everything good that's ever happened to me came out of helping others. Danny Trejo

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » March 2nd, 2016, 2:28 pm

Iconoclast wrote:
Domer wrote:Reading you guys talking about him makes me almost want to start watching the NBA again. Almost, but not quite.

Golden State and Curry are both fun to watch. I wouldn't say the NBA is really appealing, at least in my opinion, but watching Curry shoot is worth the watch. The NBA is certainly more of a perimeter game today and GS is the prime example of it.

I just got tired of watching the stars be allowed to travel, foul, push off, etc. The NBA doesn't resemble basketball, anymore.
God, Country, Notre Dame

Postby Iconoclast » March 3rd, 2016, 12:11 pm

Domer wrote:
Iconoclast wrote:

I just got tired of watching the stars be allowed to travel, foul, push off, etc. The NBA doesn't resemble basketball, anymore.

I'm right there with you. My peeve was the heavy handed nature of David Stern who seemed to "highly manipulate" the draft lottery and where FAs went. He seemed intent on keeping certain, more marketable, teams highly competitive while smaller market teams were left to flounder. However, you will be pleasantly surprised with how GS plays and how the game is evolving from "thug" ball with traveling and multitudes of set plays to a more wide open, perimeter game with fewer set plays and more flow. I don't watch a lot of NBA games, but when I do, I don't hate them. I kind of like them, although the real action doesn't occur until the 4th quarter, in my opinion anyway. It's like watching the 1500 in the Olympics. The first three laps are kind of ho hum, it's the final lap where the excitement hits.

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » March 3rd, 2016, 1:34 pm

Iconoclast wrote:I don't watch a lot of NBA games, but when I do, I don't hate them. I kind of like them, although the real action doesn't occur until the 4th quarter, in my opinion anyway. It's like watching the 1500 in the Olympics. The first three laps are kind of ho hum, it's the final lap where the excitement hits.

Well, the 4th quarter thing has been that way for a while. That didn't bother me too much because these guys are good enough that a 10 point deficit doesn't mean anything. They know they can get on a run and make that up in no time. It's all the non-rule following that lost me.
God, Country, Notre Dame

The Artist FKA SECRules

Postby MikeTheTiger » March 3rd, 2016, 11:58 pm

Apparently, he's doing the same thing again tonight against OKC. He's hit 6 straight shots from 30+ feet against them over the two contests. He has 19 at half on 8-13 shooting though "only" 3-7 beyond the arc.

Next

Return to NBA