Register

Calling it!!

Like the high-flying, high-scoring, NBA? Then this is the place for you!
The Unimpeachable Source

Calling it!!

Postby irishmark » May 27th, 2015, 8:39 am

Cavs in 6.

No matter who they play.
“Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty”.

Joseph Goebbells

The Postmaster General

Re: Calling it!!

Postby Dubby » May 27th, 2015, 5:06 pm

irishmark wrote:Cavs in 6.

No matter who they play.

Shumert and Smith keep playing at the level they're playing at and I agree with you.

They revert to their level while still with the Knicks earlier this season and I see the Cavs losing in 6.
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

The Unimpeachable Source

Postby irishmark » June 8th, 2015, 10:32 am

Huge win for the Cavs last night.

Joseph Goebbells

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » June 8th, 2015, 12:51 pm

irishmark wrote:Huge win for the Cavs last night.

They should be up 2-0

Let me say this. while LeBron is putting up monster numbers due to the injuries

Pundits please stop being selective in looking at numbers.

MJ averaged over 30 PPG for playoffs period for his career.

He shot .530 in the finals. LeBron was 11-35 yesterday.

I get the assists and rebounds given he has two all-stars out. Impressive no doubt

But, FG shooting is nothing close to what Jordan did and stop the nonsense of LeBron is better as he still has a losing record for career in the finals.
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

The Unimpeachable Source

Postby irishmark » June 9th, 2015, 9:39 pm

My argument in the Lebron vs Michael argument is this, when Lebron goes through an Eastern Conference like MJ did, then "maybe" he'd have an argument for best player. MJ went through Detroit, Boston, New York and Indiana to get to the finals. King James hasn't come close to that juggernaut.

Joseph Goebbells

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Postby Iconoclast » June 11th, 2015, 9:16 pm

One thing MJ never had was injuries to Pippen and Kerr (or pick another key starter) in the playoffs and still managed to win the title. The series isn't over, and who knows what happens, but the Cavs are winning based upon LeBron.
Everything good that's ever happened to me came out of helping others. Danny Trejo

His Noliness

Postby *YNC* Aloha Nole » June 15th, 2015, 5:24 am

Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor," described Navy Seal Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael Murphy as "An iron-souled warrior of colossal and almost unbelievable courage in the face of the enemy."

The Unimpeachable Source

Postby irishmark » June 16th, 2015, 10:54 pm

LOL

Joseph Goebbells

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » June 17th, 2015, 8:25 am

irishmark wrote:My argument in the Lebron vs Michael argument is this, when Lebron goes through an Eastern Conference like MJ did, then "maybe" he'd have an argument for best player. MJ went through Detroit, Boston, New York and Indiana to get to the finals. King James hasn't come close to that juggernaut.

You nailed it.

Yes MJ had more talent around him. He also battled through far better talent to get to the finals.

That's my problem with many calling him the greatest ever when he's now 2-4 in the finals all time.

A monster finals performance yes

But, The Greeny's and others claiming he the greatest all time this is his only finals performance in the top 10 at this point and yes it's the best all time. That's all together with points assist and rebounds. MJ still has the highest finals PPG all time for a series.

Lebron has one other in top 25.

Kobe has 1 at 21.

MJ has five finals performances in the top 10 including two in the top 4.

These pundits don't look at jack other than what they want to heap praise on current players while claiming their the greatest.

Despite the monster finals LeBron is number 2 PPG for the playoffs.

Lebron has led scoring in the playoffs 2 times

MJ led scoring 10 times.

Pundits do some homework and stop overacting to notes those underpaid yuks hand you while on the air just to get you to make some hyperbole comments.

Return to NBA