Register

Great vs Over-rated.

Like the high-flying, high-scoring, NBA? Then this is the place for you!
The Unimpeachable Source

Great vs Over-rated.

Postby irishmark » May 22nd, 2015, 8:48 am

Last nights final seven seconds showed the difference between great players and over-rated players.

James Harden (A great player) is double teamed, loses control of the basketball and gets off a pass to Dwight Howard at the top of the key. Howard has a clear path to the basket in a one on one situation with 4 seconds left but, he couldn't get the ball back to Harden fast enough.

If the past greats had the same situation, Bird passes to Kevin McHale, Kevin's putting it in. Magic passes to Kareem, Jabbar dribbles into the lane and buries the sky hook. Howard was afraid to fail. So he passed it back to Harden who had no chance.

A great player makes the play. Howard is over-rated.
“Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty”.

Joseph Goebbells

His Noliness

Re: Great vs Over-rated.

Postby *YNC* Aloha Nole » May 22nd, 2015, 8:54 am

"Winners always want the ball... when the game is on the line."
Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor," described Navy Seal Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael Murphy as "An iron-souled warrior of colossal and almost unbelievable courage in the face of the enemy."

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » May 22nd, 2015, 8:56 am

Aloha Nole wrote:"Winners always want the ball... when the game is on the line."

Absolutely.
God, Country, Notre Dame

The Unimpeachable Source

Postby irishmark » May 22nd, 2015, 9:56 am

Aloha Nole wrote:"Winners always want the ball... when the game is on the line."

You must ba a Shane Falco fan. ;)

Joseph Goebbells

His Noliness

Postby *YNC* Aloha Nole » May 22nd, 2015, 10:01 am

irishmark wrote:

Not really, but a am a HUGE fan of winners.
Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor," described Navy Seal Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael Murphy as "An iron-souled warrior of colossal and almost unbelievable courage in the face of the enemy."

The Unimpeachable Source

Postby irishmark » May 22nd, 2015, 10:40 am

Aloha Nole wrote:
irishmark wrote:

That was a line from "The Replacements"

Joseph Goebbells

His Noliness

Postby *YNC* Aloha Nole » May 22nd, 2015, 12:29 pm

irishmark wrote:
Aloha Nole wrote:
irishmark wrote:You must ba a Shane Falco fan. ;)

That was a line from "The Replacements"

Oh, yeah. I know. That is why I put it inside the quotation marks.

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » May 25th, 2015, 2:07 pm

irishmark wrote:Last nights final seven seconds showed the difference between great players and over-rated players.

James Harden (A great player) is double teamed, loses control of the basketball and gets off a pass to Dwight Howard at the top of the key. Howard has a clear path to the basket in a one on one situation with 4 seconds left but, he couldn't get the ball back to Harden fast enough.

If the past greats had the same situation, Bird passes to Kevin McHale, Kevin's putting it in. Magic passes to Kareem, Jabbar dribbles into the lane and buries the sky hook. Howard was afraid to fail. So he passed it back to Harden who had no chance.

A great player makes the play. Howard is over-rated.

Spot on I-Mark

That why I continually tell the youngsters the NBA is shell of it's former self.

Atlanta down to Cleveland 0-2 game tied and 104 and you have the last shot and you're launching a 3 PT SHOT with 18.7 to run a play?

Sounds like these players had Mike Greeny of Mike and Mike in their huddle as he sold on the 3PT is most important shot in NBA it's game changer. :roll:

Right LeBron has missed over 50 of them throughout the playoffs. :roll:
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

Return to NBA