Register

Let the Madness begin

Come talk a little college round-ball.
The Postmaster General

Let the Madness begin

Postby Dubby » March 13th, 2018, 3:59 pm

:basketball: :basketball: :basketball: :basketball:
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

The Postmaster General

Re: Let the Madness begin

Postby Dubby » March 15th, 2018, 12:14 pm

Oklahoma 35 URI 31 Half

Tenn 25 Wright St 15 1st Half 4:20
Last edited by Dubby on March 15th, 2018, 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » March 15th, 2018, 1:25 pm

URI 83 Oklahoma 78 Final OT

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » March 15th, 2018, 4:29 pm

(11) Loyola-Chicago 64 (6) Miami 62 FINAL MARCH MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His Noliness

Postby *YNC* Aloha Nole » March 17th, 2018, 4:11 am

Wow...

#16 downs a #1.

UMBC crushes Virginia
Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor," described Navy Seal Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael Murphy as "An iron-souled warrior of colossal and almost unbelievable courage in the face of the enemy."

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » March 17th, 2018, 12:04 pm

Aloha Nole wrote:Wow...

#16 downs a #1.

UMBC crushes Virginia

They let no doubt they were the better team last night :o :shock:

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » March 17th, 2018, 5:01 pm

Villanova 81 Bama 58 Final

Duke 87 URI 62 Final

Kentucky 45 Buffalo 35 1st half 2:47

His Noliness

Postby *YNC* Aloha Nole » March 19th, 2018, 4:26 am

#9 FSU takes down #1 Xavier 75-70.
Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor," described Navy Seal Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael Murphy as "An iron-souled warrior of colossal and almost unbelievable courage in the face of the enemy."

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Postby Iconoclast » March 19th, 2018, 10:30 am

In spite of all of the so called upsets, we still have a number of high seeds left. The South has Kentucky at 5 as the highest seed. The West has Gonzaga and Michigan left, 4 and 3 seeds respectively. The Midwest has Kansas, Clemson and Duke left, a 1 5 and 2 seed respectively. The East has Villanova, West Virginia, Texas Tech and Purdue, a 1, 5, 3 and 2 seed. So the reality is, the South is the only bracket that is really goofy at this point. The Midwest and East are pretty normal and the West still has two high seeds left. In the end, I expect Kentucky in the final four and probably Michigan or Gonzaga in. So in spite of all of the "bracket busting" and upsets, we will still probably end up with a final four with #5 or higher seeds.
Everything good that's ever happened to me came out of helping others. Danny Trejo

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » March 19th, 2018, 11:33 pm

Iconoclast wrote:In spite of all of the so called upsets, we still have a number of high seeds left.

Since they went to 64 teams only one other years had this high of seeds in round of 16

2000 seed number was 85 2018 is also 85

Make no mistake about you have two 11 seeds in sweet 16. While 11 has best overall record of the double digits seeds to make sweet 16 (20) elite eight (7) final fours (3)

There never been two 11 seeds in the sweet 16 at the same time. They do have a streak of sending at least one 11 seed to Sweet 16 for past few years.

The South region is devoid of 1-4 seeds in sweet 16.

Like with 16 seed winning for the first time. That has never happen before where one region didn't have at least one of the top 4 seeds

Make no mistake about this is a True March Madness being tied for number 1 at 85 seeds added together for sweet 16.
Last edited by Dubby on March 20th, 2018, 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Return to NCAA Hoops